Friday, May 3, 2013

This blog was created several months back with the intention of updating friends and family (near and far) about our soon to be family of three--never did we expect that we would be sharing one so personal and real...

Annie Grace Ward arrived on April 30, 2013 at 4:53pm...weighing in at a healthy 8 lb 3 oz and 19ish inches long. Chris and I have never been so happy and scared at the same time. Although Annie is known to many as Gerti, I have decided that she will also be known as Mighty Annie...don't let her small, cute and wonderfully made body fool you! I cannot say it enough, I am more in love with her today than I was yesterday and already LOVE being her Mama.

Chris and I have truly been overwhelmed by the love and faithfulness only our God can provide. We have promised ourselves that we will continue to share our feelings (the good, bad, and the ugly) with each other, family, friends and strangers about what we learn through this amazing journey God has laid out for us. Chris and I have had A LOT of feelings the last couple of days but we are honored and ready to be the parents God has chosen us to be for Annie.


We truly believe that God is sovereign in all things, but the journey ahead will be a long one for Annie and us. While in the womb some of the plates in her skull fused together prematurely. This caused some unique physical characteristics. We are not embarrassed by or ashamed of them, but they are distinctive. Nor do we "blame" God for them. We believe that God has done precisely as He has chosen and will be glorified throughout this adventure. We want that to be our focus.

In most respects she is like any other newborn. Her fingers, toes, heart, lungs, ears, and eyes are good and seem to be developing perfectly. She cries when she’s hungry, angry, cold or when we clean her nose. She has proven to be feisty and mighty, having already experienced an MRI, a CT scan, sonograms, IVs, and various pokes and prods of the examining doctor.


Chris and I have decided to end each day with our 'Peak' and 'Valley' as we reflect on our daily lives. We hope they will be both an encouragement and prayer motivating for you as much as they are for us. More to come with the Peaks and Valleys... for now please pray for clarity-understanding/getting a diagnosis, physical/emotional strength for both Chris and me, and guidance.

We cannot thank you all enough for your prayers, love and support...our hearts are happy and filled beyond belief.

Now, for your viewing pleasure...








     

13 comments:

  1. God couldn't have chosen two better parents for Annie. I love her chubby little cheeks and I can't wait to love on her. I've been praying for you all since before she was born and will continue to do so. I love you all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chris and Megan you two are my heroes! Thank you for your example and reminder of what matters most. Annie is a precious angel from heaven. We love her so much and we know God has great plans for her and for you both too. Our hearts are so full and we have been blessed by Annie already! We will be there for all three of you through your journey, we love you and we thank God for Mighty Annie!!! Love Aunt Lana, Uncle Dave, Justin and Devin

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is a little beautiful angel and has angels for her parnets. God has special plans for her and you guys. Each step is a blessing in your lives. And God is in control. That's what makes it so special in all our hearts. Just knowing he is in control. We love all of you and give Annie a big kiss and hug from her aunt KK. Prayers is the way to God.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh how Mighty Annie has shown the glory of God. She has already been through so much in her little life and shows what a warrior she is. This will all come together for her in ministering to others and being a warrior for Christ! And simply that is what we all are here to do. Worship God in all things. Chris and Megan, you ARE the perfect parents for Annie. You are devoted Christians and I'm so proud of you guys. Chris, I love you from the bottom of my heart. You know I'm always hear to talk and listen. Let yourself feel every emotion because I've been there. God wants you to!

    ReplyDelete
  5. For I know the plans I have for you,Annie Grace Ward, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Love,
    God

    ReplyDelete
  6. Megan, Might Annie is absolutely beautiful! I showed Tohper the pictures. He yelled, "Megan! Baby!" He was glad to have a new friend! I continue to pray for Annie, and prayers for you and Chris! Love you friend! Thank you for sharing your journey! We can't wait to meet Annie!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just found my new favorite blog! It's my dear friends journey of faith, love, and one precious but mighty baby girl!

    God has called us to trust Him in all things, you are answering that call with such joy and grace. We love you all and look forward to getting that baby girl home so you can share the sweetness!

    Love love love to you all and "Megan's baby" as Eli says, and her parents are daily in our prayers!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Megan & Chris...God has chosen you for this journey and as He has brought you to it...He will guide you through it! You will be a light to other parents and children as you do. You know the journey we've walked with Garrett because you guys were right with us....wish I could be there with you right now. The best I can do is pray for all of you and Annie Grace. It's a journey a family walks together.
    This is a very special song(especially the third line of the chorus!)for me. For 15 years it has sustained me through our journey..the good, bad and ugly I pray it for you now. Love you guys so very much!!

    "Great is Thy faithfulness, oh God my Father;
    There is no shadow of turning with Thee;
    Thou changest not, Thy compassions, they fail not;
    As Thou hast been, Thou forever wilt be.

    Great is Thy faithfulness! Great is Thy faithfulness!
    Morning by morning new mercies I see.
    All I have needed Thy hand hath provided;
    Great is Thy faithfulness, Lord, unto me!"

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for sharing this with me!!! I admire ur strenght and u and Annie are truly blessed to have one another. You have already found the key to getting through the tough days and that is the power of God and prayer.You are an awesome woman, ur heart has taken u soo many places from starting ur path as a social worker to being the best mom u can be.I am truly fearful to know u..peace and blessings my dear and many play dates to come love u chica.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Megan, so very beautifully written and shared. I cannot even begin to tell you how much this blessed me. What a beautiful testimony of faith that your sweet family is sharing with the world. Rejoicing with you and celebrating all the God has in store for beautiful Annie Grace! Much love. Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  11. A little sweetie. I would love to kiss her like I do little babies. Just ask your mom. I just know she would like it. Probably kiss me back. Love you all and God Bless all of you.

    ReplyDelete